Services Also Available in Spanish, Portuguese & Thai
P-1 Performing Artists & Athletes

P-1 Performing Artists & Athletes Visa

Helping Clients with Their immigration Needs for 40+ Years

P-1 (athletes and entertainers), P-2 (reciprocal exchange performers), and P-3 (culturally unique performers) visas are issued for the purpose of allowing the performer to enter the United States to compete or perform for a temporary time period.


The P-1 may be granted for up to five years with extensions not to exceed a total stay of 10 years. The P-2 is admitted only for the time period to complete the performance and is barred from reentering the United States for 90 days after the most recent admission. The P-3 is admitted only for the time period to complete the performance and is barred from reentering the United States for 90 days after the most recent admission.


P visa holders are allowed to enter the United States and perform for payment or prize money. The compensation for the performance may be U.S.-based or foreign-based.

The P visa can be issued without seeking a labor attestation or labor certification, as in the case of the H visas. Certain P visa classifications do require an advisory opinion from the appropriate labor organization, however.


P-1 athletes must demonstrate competition individually or as a team member at an internationally recognized level of performance.

P-1 entertainers must be part of a group that has received international recognition as outstanding for a sustained and substantial time period. The entertainers must also have been a member of the group for at least one year and provide integral functions to the group's performance.

P-2 exchange performers must participate through a reciprocal exchange program between a United States- and foreign-based organization which both exchange artists and entertainers. The performers must serve an integral part in the performance.

P-3 artists and entertainers must be performing in a program that is culturally unique.


P-1 entertainers (though not athletes) must be performing as part of a group and not individually.

P-1 and P-3 visa petitions cannot be approved until the appropriate labor organization is consulted by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).

P-2 programs must be reciprocal in nature. A skilled P-1 visa attorney can guide you through every step of the legal process and help you pursue the results you need.

Call Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A. today at (800) 708-4399 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation with our P-1 visa lawyers.

Real Stories from Real Immigrants

Let Us Help You Tell Your Immigrant Story
  • “I had the chance to visit Maney Gordon Immigration office on Hoover Boulevard and met Attorney Ana (The Boss) and then the amazing Chelsea Nowel who showed a well understanding to my Asylum case. You ...”

    - Ammar Z.
  • “I had Rick for my attorney and he was amazing! He helped me get more then I expected when the woman lied about the accident. If you need an attorney for a car accident, I’d definitely recommend him! ...”

    - Pammie W.
  • “On top of dotting the I's and crossing the T's, Mr. Davis is simply a great person; very open and trustworthy.”

    - Tammy P.
  • “Hire him for all your immigration needs, he and his team are excellent and well known in the legal community.”

    - Susanna K.
  • “We were absolutely daunted by the process but Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A. and their wonderful staff took the trepidation and hassle out of the process completely.”

    - Sue S.

Why Choose Maney | Gordon | Zeller?

  • We Have Nine Offices Across the U.S. Dedicated to Your American Dream
  • We Are Licensed to Practice Law at the United States Supreme Court Level
  • We Are Licensed to Practice Law in Sixteen States & Four Countries
  • We Have Board-Certified* Immigration Specialists on Our Legal Team
  • We Have Served Hopeful Immigrants for Over 40 Consecutive Years
  • We Are Nationwide Authorities on the Law & Politics of Immigration
Contact Our Firm Today We've Helped Thousands of Individuals Just Like You

Our immigration lawyers are dedicated to excellence and are committed to going above and beyond for our clients to obtain the outcome that they deserve. Whether you are an employer or an individual, you will receive the legal assistance that you need in your pursuit of legal immigration into the U.S.