Richard Henry Maney is the founder and managing attorney of Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A. For more than 38 years, he has practiced in the field of immigration and naturalization, personal injury and wrongful death, civil litigation and products liability law.
As a young boy, when Richard Maney asked his father why there were separate water fountains for different races, his father told him, “Just because the law states something, doesn’t make it right. You always need to look for the moral authority and ask your conscience, ‘Is this just?’”
Richard realized at an early age he wanted to fight injustice and help people who were disadvantaged in society. His family had always embraced people of all races and ethnicity. As Presbyterians, his family embraces all people of all religions, faiths, and beliefs.
As a young attorney, Richard saw the struggle of immigrant families attempting to legally obtain residence in the United States. He was inspired by their work ethic, their vision, and their determination. When he began his immigration practice in 1978, he realized that he had found a practice that would address his father’s advice: Always apply moral justice to the law.
Being married to an immigrant, Richard is reminded daily of the challenges facing ethnic minorities.
Richard is passionate about the benefits our immigrants bring to our nation. He enjoys making and maintaining strong personal relationships with his clients.
Richard is Board Certified in the field of Immigration & Nationality law. He is the co-author of the book, The Immigrant Story – A Tribute to America’s Immigrants. He holds Martindale Hubbell’s highest distinction, being rated by fellow attorneys and judges as preeminent in legal ability and professional ethics. His 40 years of immigration law experience serve as the foundation for the firm. He continues his quest to seek justice for our immigrant community.
Attorney Mission Statement
"My mission in life is to serve and support others, and by doing so, make our community a better place for all. I have found my passion in helping our nation’s immigrants to complete their journey. I am honored to serve these courageous individuals, who have sacrificed so much to be a part of our country. I am inspired and humbled by their dedication and vision. I am thankful for the motivation and gratitude they have so generously shared." - Richard Maney, Senior Partner
Work Outside of the Law Office
Mr. Maney is the founder of the Immigrant Protection Plan.
Richard Maney has served as an adjunct instructor for Hillsborough Community College. He has also acted as host to the local legal television show Cross Exam. He is founder and president of Community Action Project, Incorporated-Reading is Fundamental (RIF) of Hillsborough County. This program has furnished more than 1.2 million free books to elementary school children in the Tampa Bay area.
- Visa Options for International Students, Schiller International University - 2016
- Student to Green Card - University of South Florida - 2015
- Student to Green Card - University of Tampa - 2014
- Effective Immigration Compliance for Business - Sterling Education Systems - 2013
- Strategic Immigration Planning -Florida HR Conference 2011 - 2011
- The Civil Right of Immigrants - USF Civil Rights Conference - 2010
- Immigration Alternatives - HR Florida 2010 - 2010
- Immigration Strategies - HR Tampa Annual Conference - 2009
- Strategic Immigration Planning - HR Florida Annual Conference - 2009
- Immigration Alternatives & Strategies - Hillsborough County Bar Association - 2008
- Competitive Advantages for Businesses - Sterling Immigration Law Seminar - 2005
- Immigration Solutions - Olive Garden Restaurants Private Presentation - 2003
- Increasing International Diversity - Darden Restaurants Private Presentation - 2002
- Immigration Horizons - Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education - 2002
- Immigration Planning for HR - SHRM International Conference - 2000
In the News
- Presidential Politics and Immigration Misinformation - March 28, 2016
- Mayors File Brief in Support of Obama Deferred Action Plan - April 07, 2015
- Republicans Take Aim at Hispanics - February 18, 2015
- Priority Dates for Employment Based Third Preference Jump Ahead - January 14, 2015
- Temporary Protected Status for Many Immigrants - January 08, 2015
- Solving Congressional Impasse - October 07, 2013
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgendered Deserve Equality Under Law - March 29, 2013
- New Immigration Law Predicates Boycott of Arizona - September 19, 2012
- Twenty Outstanding Years for Partner Jack Gordon - September 07, 2012
- DACA Applicants Provide Inspiration - September 07, 2012
- Arizona Governor Jan Brewer Reveals True Racist Motivations - August 24, 2012