Cancellation of Removal Lawyers
Defending Clients in Removal Proceedings
Deportation is a source of hardship, worry, and uncertainty for both individuals facing removal proceedings and their families. If you have been placed in removal proceedings, you are most likely wondering what you can do to defend yourself against this action. Your priority should be to consult with an immigration lawyer who is experienced in handling deportation cases.
Since 1978, Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A. has been handling all types of immigration matters, including deportation cases. We serve clients across the U.S. and have built a reputation for outstanding professionalism and care.
What Is Cancellation of Removal?
Removal proceedings begin when you receive a Notice to Appear in immigration court where your case will be heard for deportation. Cancellation of removal is a form of legal relief from deportation that may be available to you if you meet the qualifications.
You may be eligible for cancellation of removal if:
- You have been a lawful permanent resident for a minimum of five years.
- You do not have a Green Card but have maintained a continuous physical presence in the U.S. for at least 10 years. One absence of 90 days or several absences totaling 180 days would disqualify you for a cancellation of removal application.
- You have not been convicted of any crime that would make you inadmissible or deportable.
- You have demonstrated that you have been a person of good moral character throughout your stay in this county.
- You can prove that deportation would cause extreme hardship to your family
Talk to a Cancellation of Removal Attorney about Your Case
At Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A., we understand the anxiety involved in the threat of deportation. With more than 40 years of experience in handling removal issues, we know what to do and how to do it to help increase your chances of a successful outcome. You can rest assured that your case is in good hands at our firm.
Call us at (800) 708-4399 to learn more about how we can help you today.
We Have Nine Offices Across the U.S. Dedicated to Your American Dream
We Are Licensed to Practice Law at the United States Supreme Court Level
We Are Licensed to Practice Law in Sixteen States & Four Countries
We Have Board-Certified* Immigration Specialists on Our Legal Team
We Have Served Hopeful Immigrants for Over 40 Consecutive Years
We Are Nationwide Authorities on the Law & Politics of Immigration
Our immigration lawyers are dedicated to excellence and are committed to going above and beyond for our clients to obtain the outcome that they deserve. Whether you are an employer or an individual, you will receive the legal assistance that you need in your pursuit of legal immigration into the U.S.