Tampa Immigration Attorney
Maney Gordon En Español Thai
Tampa Immigration Lawyer About Us Staff Law Blog Mission Statement Employment Office Locations Contact Us
Immigration & Nationality Law
Obama Executive Action
Additional Types of Visas
Business & Investor Visas
Deportation Defense
Employment Eligibility Verification
Family Visas
Fiancée Visa
For Employers
For Individuals
Green Card
Immigrant Visa
Labor Certification
Non-Immigrant Visa
Student Visa
Why Hire an Immigration Lawyer?
Work Visa
Frequently Asked Questions
Watch our informative videos

Follow Us On

The Immigrant Story
The Immigrant ...
A Tribute to Americ...
By Richard Maney and...
Photo book

Tampa Family Visa Attorney

How do I obtain a family visa?

Once an individual has obtained his or her green card, it is very likely that family members still reside in their country of origin. Unfortunately, the process of procuring a family visa can be complex. With the help of a Tampa immigration lawyer, the process need not be difficult; a family can feel safe knowing that the visa process will be handled efficiently.

There are certain steps to acquiring a family vista:

There are certain steps to acquiring a family visa:

1) An immigration visa petition (I-130) must be approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). As the U.S. citizen fills out the form as a representative of the alien relative, proof of the relationship and other required documentation must be presented.

2) Even if the alien relative already lives in the United States, the Department of State establishes whether an immigrant visa number is available and in accordance with the category of visa applied for.

3) If the alien relative is already in the United States, an application to change status to a lawful permanent resident must be completed as a visa number becomes available. An I-485, along with documentation such as police certificates and medical examinations, are submitted to the USCIS and considered.

4) If the alien relative is outside of the United States at the time that an immigrant visa number is available, he or she must visit the U.S. consulate to complete the process.

Along with family visas, an individual may have interest in bringing his or her fiancé to the U.S., perhaps along with his or her unmarried children. There are three types of visas that apply to these circumstances:

  • K-1 Visa: for a U.S. citizen who would like to bring his or her fiancé to the U.S. for marriage
  • K-2 Visa: for a foreign fiancé of a U.S. citizen to bring unmarried children that are 21 years of age or younger
  • K-3 Visa: A U.S. citizen's spouse

Family Visa Attorney in Tampa, FL

At Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A., we have over 100 years of joined experience and board certification in Immigration and Nationality law by the Florida Bar. With six offices in five cities, our firm handles immigration cases with integrity and esteemed service for our clients.

Contact a Tampa family visa attorney today to receive excellent service for your immigration issue.

Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A. - Tampa Immigration Lawyer
Located at 101 East Kennedy Boulevard, Suite 1700, Tampa, FL 33602.
Phone: (813) 221-1366.