Call Now for Your Consultation 800.708.4399
Employment Authorization for Certain H-4 Spouses

Employment Authorization for Certain H-4 Spouses

Not all immigration news are bad or controversial. Today I am pleased to report good news.

Beginning May, 26, 2015, certain H-4 dependent spouses may apply for employment authoriaztion. H-4 dependent spouses are spouses of H-1b specialty occupation visa holders. In order for the H-4 spouse to qualify, the H-1b principal must be seeking employment-based permanent residence in the United States.

Specifically, an H-4 spouse may apply for employment authorizatoin when the H-1b principal visa holder:

  • is the principal beneficiary of an approved Form I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, or
  • Has been granted H-1B status under sections 106(a) and (b) of the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-first Century Act of 2000 as amended by the 21st Century Department of Justice Appropriations Authorization Act (AC21). AC21 permits H-1B nonimmigrants seeking lawful permanent residence to work and remain in the United States beyond the six-year limit on their H-1B status.

In other news; an appellate court in New Orleans will hear oral arguments on President Obama's executive action.....stay tuned for updates.


Contact Our Firm Today

We've Helped Thousands of Individuals Just Like You
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your address.
  • Please enter your city.
  • Please enter your zip code.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a statement of case.