Permanent Resident Visa Lawyers
Helping You Understand the Facts
Acquiring a permanent resident visa, commonly referred to as a "Green Card," is a competitive process. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) provides only a limited number of permanent residence employment-based visas each year. When attempting to apply for a permanent resident visa, it is crucial to have an effective strategy in mind to avoid delays or rejection. A great first step in the visa process is to get an honest evaluation and consultation from an immigration attorney. A permanent resident visa enables an alien to have permanent residence in the United States while being authorized to legally seek employment.
Perhaps the most focused method of obtaining identification is through the means of employment, which consists of five preference tiers:
- First preference - Individuals who have an exceptional inclination in fields such as the arts, sciences, business, education, athletics, and research, as well as specific multi-national managers or executives.
- Second preference - Along with proof of a job offer in the United States (unless the USCIS says otherwise), professionals who have advanced degrees or who are outstanding in business, science, or the arts.
- Third preference - Qualified professionals and workers with a bachelor's degree.
- Fourth preference - Within the United States government abroad, certain employees or past employees such as ministers and broadcasters.
- Fifth preference - Investors who will contribute $1 million or more to create ten or more jobs (or $500,000 if the area suffers from high unemployment).
There is a variety of other means to obtain a permanent resident visa, such as an application for asylum, sponsorship by a permanent resident or U.S. citizen relative, designation as a refugee, the diversity lottery program, investment and employment creation, or an executive order of the President.
Permanent Resident Visa Lawyers
Dedicated solely to immigration issues, Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A. is committed to providing honest representation and excellent client service. Our firm has over 100 years of combined legal experience and has helped thousands of clients with their immigration law needs. We are proud to serve clients on a corporate and individual level.
If you need legal assistance pertaining to a permanent resident visa, contact a permanent residence visa attorney today at (800) 708-4399.
Real Stories from Real ImmigrantsLet Us Help You Tell Your Immigrant Story
Why Choose Maney | Gordon | Zeller?
We Have Nine Offices Across the U.S. Dedicated to Your American Dream
We Are Licensed to Practice Law at the United States Supreme Court Level
We Are Licensed to Practice Law in Sixteen States & Four Countries
We Have Board-Certified* Immigration Specialists on Our Legal Team
We Have Served Hopeful Immigrants for Over 40 Consecutive Years
We Are Nationwide Authorities on the Law & Politics of Immigration
Tampa (Main Office)
101 East Kennedy Boulevard,
Tampa, FL 33602
Tampa (Immigration Help Center)
5402 W. Hoover Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33634
Public Ledger Building,
600 Chestnut Street, Suite 1257
Philadelphia, PA 19106
6260 Dupont Station Court,
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Dade City Office
14614 7th St
Dade City, FL 33523
704 E Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32803
Immigration BlogStay Updated on the Latest News
Our immigration lawyers are dedicated to excellence and are committed to going above and beyond for our clients to obtain the outcome that they deserve. Whether you are an employer or an individual, you will receive the legal assistance that you need in your pursuit of legal immigration into the U.S.