A K-1 visa will go through many hands before it is approved and several requirements must be met throughout the process. As such, there are a number of things that can go wrong, ultimately impacting the speed with which your fiancé’s visa is processed. Continue reading to find out why your fiancé’s visa may encounter some delays.
Reasons Behind Visa Delays
Some delays cannot be avoided when it comes to obtaining a visa for your fiancé. Understanding these obstacles can help you navigate the process.
Here are the most common reasons behind delays for your fiancé visa:
- The service center you file from can impact the speed with which you can complete this process. The fact is that some of these centers are faster than others and, unfortunately, you cannot control which one you get.
- Most service centers also have an immense backlog, which will affect the speed at which your application is processed. Moreover, the current political climate can also slow the pace of processing.
- If there are any errors in your petition, they will have to be corrected and submitted again. Since this is a delay that is within your power to avoid, be sure to fill out your petition with great attention and care.
- Embassies are also overwhelmed with massive backlogs. In areas with high application volumes, some may wait several months before receiving an appointment for their interview.
- If you or your fiancé have a criminal history, previous immigration violations, or problematic background checks, this can create a significant delay.
- Depending on the time of year you file your petition, your application may be processed slower. Generally, applications filed during the winter are processed more speedily.
The best thing you can do for your case is to stay updated on its progress and to always be prepared for the next step.
Schedule a Consultation and Work with Our Experienced Immigration Team Today!
If you are filing for a K-1 visa, the legal team at Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A. can provide the guidance you need to navigate it as efficiently as possible. You can rely on us for personalized attention and exceptional advice, so you can achieve the results you need.
Reach out to our law office today at (800) 708-4399 to request a consultation with a member of our team to get started on this process and learn more about what we can do to assist you.