L-1 Intra-Company Transferee Visas
Reputable & Experienced Immigration Lawyers
Do you need an L-1 intra-company transferee visa to enter and work in the U.S. for your company? These visas are available for executives, managers, and workers with specialized skills who wish to transfer to an office in the U.S. that is part of their foreign company or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates. An L-1 visa is only for a temporary stay.
For legal assistance with this type of visa, you can turn to Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A. Our firm specializes in U.S. immigration law and has helped thousands of clients in its 40+ years of service with all types of visas and immigration issues. Our L-1 intra-company transferee visa attorneys are well-versed in the laws governing this type of visa, its requirements, terms, and advantages. We can walk you through the process and ensure that your application is prepared and submitted correctly.
Requirements & Terms of an L-1 Intra-Company Transferee Visa
An L-1A visa applies to executives and managers while workers must apply for an L-1B visa. L-1A visas have an initial duration of three years with a total duration of no more than seven years. L-1B visas have an initial duration of one to three years but may be extended for up to five years. As an L-1 visa holder, you can bring your spouse and children into the country on L-2 visas.
To obtain an L-1 visa:
- You must have worked at your foreign company for a minimum of 12 months in the three years before filing your application
- Your work for the foreign company must have been as an executive, manager, or employee with a specialized skill
- Your work at the U.S. office, subsidiary, or affiliate must also be as an executive, manager, or specialized skill worker
- Your foreign company must remain in business during your entire stay in the U.S.
- If you are working for a subsidiary or affiliate, it must remain qualified as part of the parent company throughout your stay
We Have Nine Offices Across the U.S. Dedicated to Your American Dream
We Are Licensed to Practice Law at the United States Supreme Court Level
We Are Licensed to Practice Law in Sixteen States & Four Countries
We Have Board-Certified* Immigration Specialists on Our Legal Team
We Have Served Hopeful Immigrants for Over 40 Consecutive Years
We Are Nationwide Authorities on the Law & Politics of Immigration
Our immigration lawyers are dedicated to excellence and are committed to going above and beyond for our clients to obtain the outcome that they deserve. Whether you are an employer or an individual, you will receive the legal assistance that you need in your pursuit of legal immigration into the U.S.