Albuquerque Deportation Defense Lawyers
Proudly Standing with Immigrants in New Mexico
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) have recently ramped up their efforts to removal immigrants and noncitizens from New Mexico. Even when there is no immediate reason for wanting to deport an immigrant, both of these organizations have gained notoriety for targeting and harassing innocent immigrants and foreigners.
If you live in Albuquerque or elsewhere in New Mexico, then Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A. can help you fight deportation proceedings with the goal of staying in the United States for as long as possible. As an immigrant, documented or undocumented, you are afforded certain rights that should never be infringed upon or overlooked. We believe in fighting the good fight for people in need and from any nation or background!
Call (505) 405-4550 to speak with our Albuquerque, New Mexico deportation attorneys.
Grounds for Deportation or Removal in New Mexico
Several of the more common reasons why USCIS and ICE agents in New Mexico try to deport someone are:
- Criminal conviction: Certain criminal violations can warrant a forced removal from the country if the defendant is convicted. Many of these violations are violent crimes and felonies, but some are less severe, such as some drug possession charges. If you have been accused of a criminal violation as an immigrant, then you should retain the services of a criminal defense lawyer and an immigration attorney if you want to maximize your chances of a successful case outcome.
- Unlawful entry: When the USCIS learns that someone has entered the country unlawfully or without proper documentation, the response is usually to begin deportation procedures against them. Our Albuquerque deportation defense lawyers know various methods to challenge deportation, such as showing your good standing in your community, your gainful employment, and your family’s dependence on you staying. With the right evidence and arguments, such defenses can even work when the opposition has clear proof of your unlawful entry into the country.
- Status changes and violations: There are many times when a New Mexico immigrant’s status changes without them knowing. As a result, they might be staying in the country unlawfully but did not realize they had to take steps to correct the situation until a letter from the USCIS arrives in the mail. If your immigration status or visa requirements changed, then we can help you set things right.
- Prohibited employment: Have you been prohibited from gainful employment due to unlawful discrimination on behalf of employers? Not only do their actions hurt your finances and future, but they could also be putting you in jeopardy of removal due to your lack of employment.
100+ Years of Collective Immigration Case Experience
Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A. has been working with immigrants from around the country, including right here in New Mexico, for more than 100 years of collective practice experience. We are a known name in local immigration circles, so judges, administrative panels, and prosecutors all respect our clients when they see us on the case docket.
We might be able to stop your deportation by:
- Filing for a cancelation of removal order
- Adjusting your immigration status
- Using a waiver or appeal
- Requesting your immediate asylum
In any case, it is important to move as soon as you know you are being targeted for removal out of New Mexico. Our Albuquerque deportation defense attorneys are standing by at all hours, so do not hesitate to call (505) 405-4550 and schedule an initial consultation.
We Have Nine Offices Across the U.S. Dedicated to Your American Dream
We Are Licensed to Practice Law at the United States Supreme Court Level
We Are Licensed to Practice Law in Sixteen States & Four Countries
We Have Board-Certified* Immigration Specialists on Our Legal Team
We Have Served Hopeful Immigrants for Over 40 Consecutive Years
We Are Nationwide Authorities on the Law & Politics of Immigration
Our immigration lawyers are dedicated to excellence and are committed to going above and beyond for our clients to obtain the outcome that they deserve. Whether you are an employer or an individual, you will receive the legal assistance that you need in your pursuit of legal immigration into the U.S.