Call Now for Your Consultation 800.708.4399
Dedicated Immigration Attorneys Contact Our Firm to Discuss Your Case

Additional Types of Visas

What Additional Types of Visas Are There?

There is a wide variety of different types of visas, all of which come with very rigorous sets of eligibility requirements and specific details. Depending on the category that an individual falls under, whether for personal issues, familial reasons, or business affairs, some visas may be lawfully permanent or temporary. As the terms of visas can be difficult to decipher, calling an immigration attorney can help you through the process.

To learn how we can help, call Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A. today at (800) 708-4399

Various additional permanent visas include:

  • F-1 Academic Student Visas
  • K-1 Fiancé(e) Visas
  • EB-1 Foreign Nationals of Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professors and Researchers, and Multinational Executives and Managers
  • EB-2 Workers with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability in the Sciences, Arts, or Business
  • EB-3 Skilled Workers and Professionals
  • EB-4 Special Immigrant Visas for Religious Workers
  • EB-5 Investor/Employment Creation Visas
  • DV-1 Visas (the "Green Card Lottery") for nations that are underrepresented in the immigration pool, a random drawing that allots 55,000 visas annually
  • Refugee and asylum applications: For an individual who legitimately fears persecution based on race, nationality, gender, membership in a social group, or political opinion
  • Temporary protected status: For an individual who is natively from a country that the United States currently deems unsafe. Subject to periodic INS reviews, the individual is granted a temporary stay, but is not given a visa.
  • TN Status: For certain Canadian and Mexican workers to bypass the visa application process by presenting the required documents at a United States port of entry.

Persons with visas are permitted to travel abroad and return as long as the primary residence is within the United States. Unless a person is married to a U.S. citizen, the normal duration of time it takes to become a U.S. citizen is five years from the date that a Green Card was received. If a person is abroad for six months or more, it may void any time previously counted toward future citizenship.

Immigration Lawyers for Visas

Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A., has over 100 years of combined experience with additional types of visas and other immigration law issues. Our firm is AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, and several of our attorneys are Certified Immigration and Nationality Law Specialists by The State Bar of Florida Board of Legal Specialization. We are highly effective in the nature of visas, and we guarantee excellent service to those on an individual and corporate level.

For legal assistance concerning additional types of visas, contact a visa attorney for quality guidance.

Learn More About Our Firm

  • Meet the legal team at Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A.

    Members of our team describe their approach to immigration law and what drew them to the profession. Watch to learn more about Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A. and our practice.

  • Firm Overview

    Mr. Maney discusses the services Maney & Gordon provide and why it is important to feel confident in their attorney.

  • The Best Part About My Job

    Mr. Maney discusses the best part of being a immigration lawyer and why it is important to him.

The Immigrant Story: A Tribute to America's Immigrants

Our founding partner, Richard Maney, authored this study celebrating the monumental impact immigrants have had on the history and development of the United States. Read profiles from America's backbone.

Download Our book

Contact Our Firm Today

We've Helped Thousands of Individuals Just Like You
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your address.
  • Please enter your city.
  • Please enter your zip code.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a statement of case.