Our Practice Areas
At the law firm of Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A., we help individuals in all different areas of immigration law.
Listed below are some of the most common types of cases we handle:
- Becoming a U.S. citizen - An individual can become a U.S. citizen in one of two ways: By a process known as naturalization or by qualifying through parents who are U.S. citizens. Our law office can help you figure out which avenue to citizenship you might qualify for, petition for either the N-400 Form (application for naturalization) or the N-600 Form (application for certificate of citizenship), and complete all other necessary procedures.
- Becoming a permanent resident - To become a lawful permanent resident of the United States, an individual will have to petition for a Green Card. There are many different ways a person can qualify for a Green Card, such as through their family members, through a job, through status as a refugee, or through a lesser-known avenue such as the Green Card Lottery.
- Visiting the United States - To visit the United States, you will need to file for a non-immigrant visa. There are different visas to meet specific visitation needs, such as tourism, study abroad (student visas), and even visas for foreign business investors.
- Immigrant visas - Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A. helps individuals obtain immigrant visas such as visas for fiancé(e)s, employees who have been offered jobs, families of employees, and other individuals. In order to qualify for an immigrant visa, a U.S. citizen must sponsor the applicant.
- Defense against deportation/removal - If you have been notified of removal from the U.S. and you will need to attend a removal hearing in front of an immigration law judge, we highly encourage you to obtain representation from one of our El Paso immigration attorneys.